Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Im Getting A Tummy Tuck {Lets Chat About It}

If you missed the 2 posts leading up to this, here's the links:


Ok. So im getting a tummy tuck. Tomorrow.
I wanted to wait till last minute to announce it because i wanted it to be a decision i made ALL on my own! I didnt want outside opinions to persuade me FOR or against.

This all started in January. I was thinking about having it done. Knew of a close friend who had one done. So i got her surgeons info, and set a consultation date. When i met with my surgeon, he was VERY informative. Explained the surgery itself, scars, follow ups, recovery time, how to prepare, things like that. He made me feel really comfortable and informed. Looked at my tummy, took pics, and said to call if i wanted to set up the surgery. I didnt feel pressured at all.

So for the last few months, ive been thinking, researching, finding pro's, con's. Good and bad. Looked up youtube videos of people who've had it done. Their recovery time, pain levels, tips, suggestions, regrets, etc. NO ONE regretted their tummy tuck (unless they went to a bad surgeon).

I even search all info on my surgeon. Reviews, portfolios (even though i looked through one at the consult), things like that. My surgeon came recommended from a close friend. Ive seen her results in person. I already knew he was good. But in my researching... it solidified his amazingness. 
He's an older guy. Very experienced. Best in my county for YEARS! He had so many plaques and awards. A little more expensive.. but surgery is NOT something to go cheap on.

So i decided to do it.
------------------------------------------------------

Im being so open and honest with this journey for ME.
I want to document it for one.
For 2, i just want people to understand, for ME.

Ive become so adapt and got so good at hiding things, that people really just were confused and didnt understand. Until i showed them.
I also just wanted to put my story out there to explain that I've tried everything. Healthy living has been my lifestyle for the last 4 years. Ive accomplished so much and done a complete 180 with my health... and i just want to feel normal. I want to be proud of all my hard work. Not reminded of it hanging on my body.

ANYWAY.
I made this video for my vlog channel. Just a heart to heart on my decision.
Sorry it got kinda lengthy (9:44 min)
But it was good for me getting it all out and explaining all the emotions.


Wish me luck!
Ill update as soon as im able to.

18 comments :

Giggle Business said...

Good luck hun! remember if its what will make you happy then I'm glad for you. I knda know how you feel as I had surgery when I was 17 and never looked back. It boosted my confidence so much so I know how much it can change your life. If you want someone else to talk to email me twiggytrigg1@googlemail.com

Char said...

I love how REAL you are!

April Rowell said...

Wishing you luck and sending you prayers! Happy healing to you!

OrangeHeroMama said...

Good luck tomorrow!!! I would do it if I had the $$!

Renee said...

Hey! I just wanted to say how much i admire your honesty about how things are! Good luck for tomorrow, sending fast healing thoughts and prayers your way!!

Anonymous said...

tummy tuck is very much helpful



Abdominal Rejuvenation

stacie28 said...

Best of luck, Christa! Hope everything will be okay for you. I'm also thinking to try a tummy tuck surgery because I really want to get rid of my saggy skin. I'm currently doing my research, namely, see many abdominoplasty videos Toronto, read interesting articles etc. So, please let us know how did the procedure work for you! Can't wait for your update! :)

french boulevard said...

Hi, I had my TT one year ago this may.

Nerves, and all that comes before, pain, can't stand up straight, the drains, the initial scar/incision.

Girl....it was so worth it. best money I've ever spent.

I am 43... With twins almost 14. I waited a long time to have it done.
I gained 100 lbs. 6.5 lbs twins...

Enjoy your new tummy, the pain is like labor and childbirth , you will forget about it.

I was in a bikini within six weeks, swelling takes awhile ( months ) to go down.

Ask your Dr about silicone scar strips. Sell the at CVS. Best scar therapy on the market. Also do Bio oil daily .

Good luck and enjoy the rest... Doing too much will only set back your healing !!!

french boulevard said...

Hi, I had my TT one year ago this may.

Nerves, and all that comes before, pain, can't stand up straight, the drains, the initial scar/incision.

Girl....it was so worth it. best money I've ever spent.

I am 43... With twins almost 14. I waited a long time to have it done.
I gained 100 lbs. 6.5 lbs twins...

Enjoy your new tummy, the pain is like labor and childbirth , you will forget about it.

I was in a bikini within six weeks, swelling takes awhile ( months ) to go down.

Ask your Dr about silicone scar strips. Sell the at CVS. Best scar therapy on the market. Also do Bio oil daily .

Good luck and enjoy the rest... Doing too much will only set back your healing !!!

Amy K said...

Good luck, I wish you the best! You have a great blog, what do you think about following each other?

Much Love,
http://amyklundt.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Good luck and let us know how all went. Personally, I'm also thinking about a tummy tuck procedure, but by Dr. Jerome Edelstein in Toronto. I've heard great things about him and I'm pretty sure that I won't face with any kind of problems. I can't wait to get rid of my saggy skin.... :(

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for share good things about tumy tuck..

Your Cosmetic Surgery said...


Glad to have read this blog! I really appreciate that you took the time to share us your experience. Great blog. Please do post here the result. Thanks!

affordable tummy tuck philippines

Unknown said...

Good health makes good life... Tummy tuck provides the way of making the good health....


about Tummy tucks

Unknown said...

The tummy tuck surgery gives great result for you .After the tummy tuck surgery you are looking great.

Unknown said...

Hello dear, I found a lots of good information in your blog. Now Iam searching some good and informative article about tummy tuck surgery. Really this has been very helpful to me. Thanks...

Mllrc300 said...

I just found your post on pinterest. I had a tummy tuck a year ago. I still have loose skin and am going back in for a revision in January. Did you also have two surgeries? If so, was it any different the second time? I know what to expect now except I think the last one was a mini tummy tuck below the belly button and this one will be a full. I also feel that I eat healthy and workout and would like to see those results.

Caleb Hart said...

My wife has been talking about getting this procedure done for a while. I don't know why she wants to get it done. I think she looks great without one, but she can't be convinced. She says it will give her more confidence. http://Coolsculptingconnecticut.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...